Most Active Topics
- Bachelor Degree
- Best Paying Majors and Degrees
- Business Degrees
- College Ranking Services
- Ivy League – General Info
- Tips and Advice for Online Education
- Online Colleges and Jobs
- Scholarships Tips and Advices
- Top 20 Schools – By Program
- Scholarship How to Guides
- College Scholarship
- Online Colleges
- Top 20 Schools – By Degree
- School and Academics
- School Involvement
- Ivy League Schools
- Masters Degree Programs
- Nursing Programs
- Online Schools
- Private School
- Public Schools
- Scholarships by Type
- School Scholarships
- State Scholarships
- Top 10 Online Colleges
- Top 20 Colleges
- Top 50 Colleges
Georgetown University in Washington
- January 22, 2011
- Top 50 Colleges
- Posted by
- Leave your thoughts
Whenever the names of worlds leading universities are mentioned Georgetown University is always one of them. Apart from academic, the university also offers research opportunities.
The aim of Georgetown University in Washington is to prepare the upcoming generation for global challenges.
Here at Georgetown a vibrant team of faculty, students and alumni along with other professionals are dedicated to various research being conducted at the university.
Georgetown University was founded in the year 1789 and known to be the oldest Jesuit and Catholic University in the country. Carrying upon the legacy, this university aims on educating the students by exposing them to various believes and cultures.
Since its establishment, the university has expanded to the international levels and now includes four different undergraduate schools.
A medical school, law school and other graduate programs are also on the list of Georgetown University. Listed below are the eight divisions or units of this university.
• Georgetown College
• Robert E. McDonough School of Business
• Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service
• Georgetown Law
• Graduate School of Arts and Sciences
• School of Medicine
• School of Nursing and Health Studies
• School of Continuing Studies
Georgetown University is situated in the metropolitan capital of the country. Life at this campus is amazing. Students actively participate in various sports, plays, dance and other activities. While at the campus, you can experience some great speakers and cheer up Hoya sports team. You can also be a part of clubs or other student organizations.
Being at the campus, the students can go for some of campus visits to theaters, museums concert halls and other famous monuments in the capital. Students are also involved in community service within the city and hold internships at numerous nearby cultural and civic institutions.
Listed below are the major, minor and other degree programs for undergraduates available at Georgetown University.
• Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
• Biohazardous Threat Agents & Emerging Infectious Diseases
• Biomedical Science Policy & Advocacy
• Biomedical Technology Development & Management
• Health Physics
• Microbiology & Immunology
• Physiology& Biophysics (3 options)
• Arab studies
• Arabic Art and Museum studies
• Biomedical Sciences
• Business Administration
• Cell Biology
• Communication culture and Technology
• Computer Science
• Conflict Resolution
• Development Management & Policy
• Foreign Service
• German and European Studies
• Government Health Physics
• History Islamic Studies
• Italian Studies
• Latin American Studies
• Mathematics and stats
• Microbiology and Immunology
• Physiology and Biophysics
• Security Studies
• Theology and Religious Studies
• Tumor Biology
The tuition fee at Georgetown University varies according to degree program a student is getting registered for.
The annual fee for Graduate, undergraduate, Medicine, Law and MBA students ranges from $37,000 to $45,000.
For instance, a student billing for MBA has to pay $45,984 on annual basis. This is the highest annual amount charged for any degree program at Georgetown University.