Most Active Topics
- Bachelor Degree
- Best Paying Majors and Degrees
- Business Degrees
- College Ranking Services
- Ivy League – General Info
- Tips and Advice for Online Education
- Online Colleges and Jobs
- Scholarships Tips and Advices
- Top 20 Schools – By Program
- Scholarship How to Guides
- College Scholarship
- Online Colleges
- Top 20 Schools – By Degree
- School and Academics
- School Involvement
- Ivy League Schools
- Masters Degree Programs
- Nursing Programs
- Online Schools
- Private School
- Public Schools
- Scholarships by Type
- School Scholarships
- State Scholarships
- Top 10 Online Colleges
- Top 20 Colleges
- Top 50 Colleges
- January 22, 2011
- Posted by Ilija Damjanovic
- Leave your thoughts
Washington University makes it into the list of world’s most renowned educational institutes. It’s a private research facility that serves students and faculty from 120 countries across the world.
Washington University specializes in research, learning, teaching, service to the society along with patient care.
The number of under graduate and graduate students in Washington University is around 12000. Whereas, 1000 more students are part of the evening and weekend programs.
The traditional and interdisciplinary fields together offer 300 different programs and 1,900 courses. All in all, the University offers a great learning opportunity in the form of bachelors, masters, and doctoral degrees. Apart from general degree programs there are also some minor concentrations and individualized programs.
Washington University also enjoys the honor of having a learned team of professionals by its side. The faculty members comprises of scholars, scientists, artists who are all set to direct young minds towards creativity, wisdom and understanding.
The residential area has classrooms along with other services to support your education. Around 240 students organizations helps you take part in sports and other extracurricular activities.
After its establishment in 1853, Washington University now operates on separate academic units.
• Arts And Sciences
• George Warren Brown School of Social Work
• School Of Engineering And Applied Science
• Sam Fox School of Design & Visual Arts
• School of Law
• School of Medicine
• Olin Business School
Washington University is outstretched in a total area of 2,300 acres. A major part of this area is taken by the Danforth and Medical campuses which alone comprises of 150 buildings. Whereas, other campuses are situated in the West Campus and the South Campus in Clayton; North Campus in the city of St. Louis; 560 Music Center and Lewis
Center in University City and the 2,000-acre Tyson Research Center which is 20 miles southwest of the city.
• Master of Public Health (MPH)
• Master of Social Work (MSW)
• PhD in Social Work
• Computational and Molecular Biophysics
• Computational and Systems Biology
• Developmental Biology
• Evolution, Ecology and Population Biology
• Human and Statistical Genetics
• Immunology Program
• Molecular Cell Biology Program
• Molecular Genetics and Genomics Program
• Molecular Microbiology and Microbial Pathogenesis Program
• Neurosciences Program
• Plant Biology Program
• Undergraduate Business (BSBA)
• Full-time MBA
• Professional MBA (PMBA)
• Executive MBA
• Master of Science in Finance
• Master of Science in Supply Chain Management (MS/SCM)
• Master of Accounting (MACC)
• Custom Programs
• Executive Education Seminars
Washington University helps you get quality education. It understands your financial condition and helps you when you are in need. Around 64% of undergraduate students and 48% of graduate and professional students are given financial assistance. Here at Washington University, some scholarship and fellowship programs offer financial aid purely on academic achievements.